A Mini MBA for Women in Business; New Course Announced
C.E.O. is proud to announce a new six week course being offered this winter. The course is entitled “Women in Business – a Mini MBA”.
SCORE mentor and CEO Board V.P. Susan Silk, M.Ed., is developing the course curriculum. The course will be held at the Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School in the library with a capacity for 30 students.
The “Women in Business…” course is the first of its kind on the island. SCORE mentors provide a course for start-up companies; however, this course will be targeted to women in business at least three years. Of course, partners, spouses and next-generation family business members are welcome to enroll as well.
The course will be priced at $175 per enrollee; but C.E.O. Network Partners will receive a reduced fee of $140.
Course topics may include –
- The Business Plan for Growth/Expansion
- Financing the Next Three Years: structure, investors/loans, etc.
- Bringing in New Business: Marketing/ Sales
- Human resources: The Legal issues
- Human resources: Creating the best employees (hiring & training)
- “The Balancing Act”: unique management challenges facing women in business
Each of the six, two hour sessions will be led by a SCORE mentor combining lecture, question-and-answer sessions and highly interactive case study problem-solving. Guest speakers and topic experts are being invited to participate as well.
For more information, please contact us.